Thursday 4 October 2018

Red necked phalarope

When I got back to the office this morning I was greeted by Andy saying 'I've got your bag, we need to go'. To be honest first reaction was that there was a problem but thankfully he'd grabbed my camera bag as a red necked phalarope had just been found on the boating lake at Wells.

When we arrived the bird was just paddling around the edge of the lake just a few feet from visitors, dogs and another couple of birders, completely unfazed by being so close to people. At one stage it was flushed into the middle of the lake by a surfacing little grebe but soon came back to the edge.

We took a few photos, put the news out and headed off to continue our days work.






There will be better pics out there than mine but I'm well happy with mine and very glad I had my camera with me!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment